What an E-book Can Do for You
An E-book that includes your marketing message and a link to your website is a proven technique in ebook content marketing. This method uses the multiplication effect to explode the distribution of your message by willing participants.
This is the basic principle that was used by Hotmail to get established. When the two founders set up their free email system, all the messages that were sent by subscribers had a text message at the bottom which identified Hotmail as the origin. People who sent emails to their friends advertised the free email site.
Four Good Reasons to Use Viral ebook content marketing
FREE E-books are one of the best weapons in a viral marketing campaign. Here are four good reasons why this is true today and will continue to be true for the foreseeable future:
- Using viral ebook content marketing method is cheap. It does not take long to set up and it is even quicker if you use re-brandable E-books that have been written by others. Just use your favourite search engine and do a web search. You will find many re-brandable E-books that are available on whatever subject you are interested in and that apply to your e-business. One method of distributing the E-book is to offer it to visitors in exchange for subscribing to your newsletter or email list. If they pass it on to their friends and family it will promote your business for you.
- E-books are capable of reaching a large audience. The only limiting factor is the enthusiasm or the participants. Therefore, it is absolutely vital that your E-book contains something that people will want to share like timely information or humour. Remember that people like to know something that the rest of the world needs to know. They will pass along something that makes them look like they are in-the-know.
- E-books are a way to sell other products other than the one you originally targeted. For example; if you are selling garden products, your customers could also be interesting in E-books about lawns, trees landscaping, etc.
- E-books are effective in building your reputation. It is an implied recommendation if you give a quality E-book and users willing pass on to others.
How to do ebook content marketing
E-books are fairly easy to create. It’s possible to produce your own E-books by combining articles that you have written or have gotten from public domain sources, such as directories.
A common approach is to use material that has Private Label Rights, including articles and reports that have been written specifically for that purpose, for that niche. Using a portion of a larger work that you have prepared such as the first three chapters of a large E-book could also be used as a viral E-book.
Your E-book is your Viral Salesman
The ebook content marketing is a slightly different animal from just an ebook. Ebook content marketing contains text, images, links to web pages and navigation controls. The ebook content marketing has become a very important part of marketing on the Internet.
With ebook content marketing you can present your story in an effective way and include links to your web sales pages. Your e-book can become your best salesman.
What to consider while making an ebook for marketing
- your ebook needs to be interesting and informative. It always has links back to your website and to your sales pages.
- be sure that you have a prominent section telling readers that they are free to give your ebook away. Let them know that they can post it on their site as a free download, that they can use it as a bonus, and that they can bundle it with other products. This is the way to create viral marketing for your products or services. Remember those links back to your site contained in the ebook.
Last but certainly not least before you send your ebook out to the world, double check spelling and grammar and be sure that you have tested every link to verify that it goes where it is supposed to go. Obvious errors will reflect badly on you and will not be of much value to you, it could even be damaging.
Post your ebook to some of the ebook directories. Many let you post it for free, or will let you post a link on their site to your ebook.
How to promote your ebook with Affiliate marketing
Some E-books combine very well with an affiliate program. When the affiliate receives some extra benefit from promoting the viral message, like being able to brand your E-book with his affiliate links, the affiliate makes a sale when a reader buys through a branded link. You benefit from increased traffic on your website because the affiliate is willing to promote the E-books for you.
- Be absolutely certain that your message includes a clear call to action. There shouldn’t be any doubt whatsoever about what you intend recipients to do. Make sure that the instructions are perfectly clear so that recipients know HOW to act. The action that you require should be simple and obvious as well. Don’t make things complicated or it will confuse the reader, such as by adding numerous links.
- Remember the K.I.S.S. principle Keep It Simple Stupid! The incentive should be clear to those you want to take an action. Readers will look at your offering for about seven seconds before they move on. If it takes longer than that for them to figure out what it is you want them to do, they will move on. Don’t make your message vague or difficult to comprehend. If you do, chances are you will lose them. You must respect your readers enough to express your message clearly.
- Once you are sure you have an E-book that will be of value to an affiliate program, approach them with your idea and be able to show that it will be mutually beneficial.
Viral Marketing using E-books is one of many techniques that all together have a cumulative effect in attracting customers and subscribers to your business and in attracting targeted visitors to your website. You will very soon find out that this is an excellent way of increasing sales, subscribers and referrals.