WHAT IS AFFILIATE MARKETING?
Affiliate marketing is a way of making money online by promoting someone else’s products or services.
As an affiliate, you’re essentially a commission salesperson for the products you’re promoting: earn a commission for every paying customer you send to the merchant selling the product or the service.
It’s kind of like being a real estate agent: You don’t own the home you’re promoting, but you get an excellent commission for promoting it and finding the right buyer.
HOW TO MAKE MONEY WITH AFFILIATE MARKETING?
The steps are quite easy, and they are demonstrated int the following chart:
Here I will explain more about how to make money with affiliate marketing. If you have a website, any social media account like Facebook or even an email list, you can advertise the product or the service of the brand/link, and any customer clicks on your link and buys that product or service you will get a commission, it is just simple as that! The more the clicks, the more the commission.
Everyone wins here. The customers find what they’re looking for, the merchant gets a client he wouldn’t have found otherwise, and YOU get paid. So, with so many ways of making money online, what makes affiliate marketing great? Keep reading …
WHY AFFILIATE MARKETING?
Reason #1: It’s easy to get started
As an affiliate, you don’t have to create the products you’re promoting. This is a lot easier than building and selling your own physical or digital product:
- You don’t have to spend time and money on building the product
- You don’t have to buy stock to sell or store it anywhere
- You don’t need to figure out how to run a shopping cart
- You don’t have to handle customer supportYou basically get many of the benefits of having your product, without all the annoying parts. And the best thing is you can even end up earning MORE than the product owner for each sale! Commissions of 70% are quite common.
Reason #2: It’s easy to grow
One of the best ways to make more money is to add new products to your lineup. When you’re selling your products, it can take months to develop a new product. But as an affiliate, it’s as easy as putting up a new advertisement or writing a few paragraphs talking about the new product
Reason #3: No special skills required
You don’t need any particular skills or experience to get started as an affiliate. Most affiliates start out with no knowledge and just learn as they go. Of course having a background in web design, writing, graphic design or marketing will help a lot, but it’s not necessary. Some of the best affiliate we’ve seen started completely from scratch.
Here are the things you DO really need to succeed:
- Basic computer skills and an internet connection.
- Determination and perseverance.
- A willingness to learn new things.
- Patience: It’s not a get-rich-quick scheme!Reason #4: Very low startup costsOne of the biggest benefits of affiliate marketing is that you don’t need to invest a lot of money to get started.Imagine buying a bricks-and-mortar business: You’d probably spend tens of thousands of dollars on it before you make a single cent!But for a bare-bones affiliate website, your initial costs will be tiny: Just $10/year for a domain name, and around $50/year for web hosting.You can do pretty much everything yourself without spending anymore, but a lot of affiliates choose to hire people to do things like write articles, design graphics, etc. It can often be a good investment to stop yourself from getting stuck on things you’re not good at.
THE 4 STEPS TO MAKE MONEY WITH AFFILIATE MARKETING
FINDING A NICHE
The first step is to figure out what affiliate products or services you’re going to promote, how you’re going to promote it, and whether it will be profitable! This is a critical step and the best niche that has medium to high demand with low competition.
BUILD YOUR WEBSITE
Having decided the topic and products you’re going to focus on; the next step is to create your site. This isn’t as difficult as it might sound. There are a lot of simple tools these days that give you a professional looking website.
GET VISITORS TO YOUR WEBSITE
No visitors = no sales. This is likely to be where you devote most of your efforts after you’ve built your site. There are lots of strategies for getting people to visit your site. Some will give you an instant traf c boost, while others are longer-term strategies.
OPTIMIZE YOUR WEBSITE FOR SALES
A few tricks can make it so that visitors to your site are more likely to buy something.